Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Melting Moments

This is a butter cookie that melts in your mouth.  It is like the Malay version of "semperit" without custard powder.



Since I don't fancy washing too many equipments, I use the rub in method to make my dough.  This is how I did it.

Mix the sifted flour, baking powder and sugar. Then rub in butter. Lastly, mix in egg yolk and vanilla essence.




Scoop the dough into a disposable plastic piping bag.  Pipe out a small portion of the dough on the baking tray. No need to line the trays.











Stamp the dough with a cookie mould. This is easier than pumping them out with a cookie pump and less to wash after baking.















Bake at 180 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.








Recipe (makes about 3 small bottles)
250 g butter
200 g corn flour
150 g plain flour
50 g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essense
1 egg yolk


 


Here's an alternative way to shape your cookies.  This time I use one whole large egg and 80g of icing sugar.  The dough is slightly wet, allowing me to pump my cookies using an icing bag.


Pumped out cookies through an icing bag.
Baked cookies


Cookies in a bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment